How to use the toolkit?
The toolkit is not intended to be a final account version of how
to plan, develop, implement and regulate PPPs.
The vision for the toolkit can be encapsulated in the
- Synthesis of supply and demand of information;
- Participatory development:
- Working document;
- Policy and practice;
- General and specific approaches;
- Leaving space for future modifications;
- Modular structure;
- User friendly;
- Facility to consult at different stages and for different
scale of PPPs
It is intended for the following target audiences (please
remember that it is not an exhaustive list, only a guide):
- Elected members
- Municipal representatives and officials
- Government officials
- Municipal workers
- Private operators including Small and Mediuls Enterprises
- Training institutions
- Financial institutions
Attached to the toolkit box, you'll find a road map for the toolkit.
You do not have to follow the sequence proposed there – this
is only one set. You can enter into the toolkit at any point depending
on what stage of PPPs are you in and your interest.
Identify your interests and stages and select the relevant tool.
You do not have to read the whole document in the order proposed
to get what you want – check in and out.
Do make lots of comments, include papers and other documents
in the toolkit – make it really a toolkit. Develop it further.
- UNDP (2000) Joint Venture Public-Private
Partnerships for Urban Environmental Services. Report on UNDP/PPPUE’s
Project Development Facility. PPPUE Working Paper Series
Volume II. UNDP: New York.
- Bennett, E.B. (1998) Public-Private Cooperation in the
Delivery of Urban Infrastructure Services (Water and
Waste). UNDP/Yale Collaborative Program.